3.11.2009

Sea World

Well, we did it!  We made it to Sea World.  Will LOVED it.  He loved the dolphins, the sharks, the Shamu show, which we saw twice, and bought the video!  He carried around his 2 killer whales literally the WHOLE time.  It was so cute.  He was a little bashful when we went to take a picture with the trainer, but then he couldn't stop talking about it.  He really had a great time.

At first, I think Will was a little overwhelmed.  We were all excited and nervous because we were on the 4th row and thought for sure we were going to get drenched.  So, this is how Will sat through the whole show.  Luckily we went a second time and I think he enjoyed it a lot more, he knew what to expect and wasn't scared because I kept hiding under the towel with him.  It was crazy, we were the ONLY little tiny section of people that did not get wet, it was funny.
These animals are amazing.  The pictures, or the video do not do it justice.  To see it in real life is awesome, they are huge and it is so amazing how they interact and are trained by people!  There were 8 killer whales in all, that is cool!  The first time we saw the show, the whales were a little out of sorts and one ran into the cage door trying to talk to another one.  So after that the show was a little slower and "off" but it was still fun.   I'm glad we went a second time because I could tell a difference in how the whales were acting.  
Here's Shamu, the biggest whale at Sea World.  Can you tell how close we were?  Are you surprised we didn't get wet?  We were!! I wasn't even using my zoom on this picture, it was awesome to be so close, Will really loved it. 

Watching the show with Dad, and killer whales in hand!
This was when the whales first came out and jumped out of the water.  I barely missed it, but Will had a HUGE grin on his face, I wish I would have been a little quicker with the camera but I was trying to watch the show and Will's face at the same time.
This is the dolphin show.  This is a little black whale, we don't know what kind, but he did some cool tricks, Will really liked the dolphin show also.  They had macaws and all these people doing acrobatics on those really springy ropes.... I have no idea what they are called.  He talked a lot about the birds in this show because the bird trainer stood right by us and they flew right over our heads and blew our hair!  It was awesome.
Here's Will, Ivie, and Caleb watching the dolphins.  Aren't they cute, they are the best of friends and had a lot of fun.  Will just follows them around and wants to do everything they are doing, plus he thinks they are hilarious and laughs hysterically at them! It was a fun time to be together.
Our cute family.  Here's Scott brother, wife and cute kiddos.  We love these guys, they are not only family, but are our best friends.  We had a blast with them in Florida and I'm SO glad we got to share it with them.  Thanks guys!!!
Wahoo! The dolphin show.... can you tell I'm into it?
See Will's whale in the above picture?  I told you he carried it around ALL day.
A family pic at the dolphin show, we had so much fun.  Oh, and the weather was gorgeous!


Just before entering Sea World I tried to take a picture of Will and I.  He doesn't like pictures so much, can you tell?  I thought it was pretty funny, he totally has a double chin!
Sea World was a blast, we made such a good choice in going.  I'm SO glad we did it.  We will remember that forever and Will really had a great time, it was so worth our time and money to take him at this age!!!

3 comments:

Shae said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun! I forgot to warn you about the seagulls at the beach...they are always taking food out of our hands! It was fun to see you guys! We wish you were moving here instead of COLD Ohio!

jfb said...

how fun! I always think that winter vacations are the greatest to break up the cold months. glad you guys had a great time!

mom2beachbums said...

Awesome pictures, I just love Will's reactions in so many of the pic's! What a great time to go to Florida!