2.28.2009

Fiddler On the Roof!

For Christmas, I suprised Scott with season tickets to broadway.  We got tickets for Grease, Fiddle on the Roof, and Phantom of the Opera.  So, last night Scott and I had an awesome date!  We went to see Fiddler on the Roof.  It was so awesome.  Topol, the man who plays Teyve in the movie, was Tevye in the play.  He is incredible, he's got to be like 70-75 years old and is still just hopping and dancing around stage. His voice is incredible too.  When the play opened, he came out on stage and everyone starting clapping and cheering, before he had even said anything.  Needless to say, he stole the show..... actually he pretty much IS the show.  We were reading the Play Bill before it started and apparently he has done this show, in this role, over 2500 times.  Can you believe that?  I can't.  It is like second nature to him by now.

Here's us in front of the theater, FREEZING our little buns off.  It was REALLY cold, but it was still worth going to the play!!
And here we are in the toasty warm theater, don't we look much calmer?  I wish we could have gotten more of the background on stage, but it didn't really work out.  It was a great night and we loved the show..... now we are looking forward to Phantom of the Opera in May!!!

5 comments:

Cassi said...

What a fun date!!
And yay for Phantom!! Remember, we are going the same night! We need to plan a fun dinner! :)

Grandpa Glenn said...

Kara, you are so good at keeping your BLOG site so up to date. Although I don't often make comments, nor do I post much on the family site.... I DO check all of our kids' blog sites at least once a day!! I'm always interested in cool happenings so far away from us. Every day I feel grateful that you married Scott!!! Thanks for calling us this morning and letting us talk to Will. We love you more than you could know!

Betsy said...

How fun! I'm jealous. There are definitely some bonuses to living in big cities.

I also feel like the majority of my pictures of Claire are when she's in her pj's and her hair isn't done. Oh, well!

Joni said...

That is such a fun gift! I really need help at giving good gifts. I hope you are feeling better, I am sure you are now that you are in FLORIDA!!!

brooklin said...

oh i am so jealous-- i haven't been to a show for so long. what a great gift! looks like you guys had fun. :)