3.20.2009

Last BIT from Scott's Life - FLORIDA

I know that Kara already wrote about our relaxing trip to Florida (the beach, Sea World, and especially being with FAMILY) but I figure I might as well add to it. We really had a wonderful time and feel so fortunate to be able to make time to visit fun places and family at the same time. This is my favorite picture of the trip. I love our little family and am so happy to have Kara and Will!
Wes (my brother doing a medical rotation at Mayo in Jacksonville) and I went and visited TPC Sawgress, the home of the PGA Players Championship. The course was absolutely amazing!
This was a sign near the course.....it made me realize that most golfers must be dumber than we think (jk)...I mean who would just jump into a pond while they were golfing, and second why would you do it if you knew there were alligators.....duh!

As you drive up to the TPC Club House there are signs honoring all the past Players champions, including Jack Nicklaus (the man, the myth, the legend).

And of course Tiger Woods (get in the hole!).

This is the apartment that we stayed in while we were there....NOT! This is the TPC Sawgrass Club House. Absolutley stunning AND huge. I asked them at the front desk where I should go to sign up for the Players tournament and they looked at me all weird (okay, I didn't).

This is TPC Hole #1. It was great to see the whole and just picture that in a few months a croud of thousands would be standing around the tee box listening to the legends being announced. I could just hear, "Next on the tee box, Scott Mortensen, hailing from North Logan, Utah".

Another cool hole (not sure which one it is but it we know it was close to #17, the famous floating green).

Wes and I were able to practice our game a bit....let's just say that neither of us (especially me) would have made the first cut at the Players. It was really fun though and it was nice of Wes to pay for my round....I owe him big time!

While we were visiting Wes had his Anesthesia Boards in Gainseville, FL so we decided to make it a "Daddy Night" with the kids and left the girls to relax...they deserve it! Gainseville is around 2 hours from Jacksonville so we got a hotel for that night. We took the kids out to eat at Burger King, played games (pretty just jumped on the hotel beds all night), watched a movie, and went to bed way too late (we had to stay up and watch the Jazz beat the Nuggets...booyah!). While we were there I figured I might as well check out "The Swamp" where the Florida Gators play. What a complex!

Here are the kids that wouldn't even pause to smile for the picture....too in to Monster's Inc. You should have heard them laughing at the very last part when Mike swallows the microphone and makes the kid laugh. I have never heard kids laugh louder!


Wes took me by Mayo Clinics hospital in Jacksonville. It would have been fun to work there for my residency rather than Mayo in Rochester, BUT hey why should I complain? Mayo is Mayo!

3 comments:

Devin and Liz said...

Scott- Good job you little blogger you! I'm so proud.. I'm not very frequent at it either. I love hearing about all the adventures you have and your sweet little family as well. Life is great isn't it?
Love ya bro dawg!

Lorinda said...

Fun to hear from Scottisha. You have a neat life and we're glad to be part of it!

Wes said...

luvyameanit