3.20.2009

A Blurb from Scott's Life

Well, the long lost husband has finally taken the time to make a post on the blog....if that is the correct blog-lingo?? Kara does an amazing job keeping family and friends updated on the happenings and "not-so-happenings" of our "simple life". However, I wanted to make sure that I could also keep everyone abreast on other things that we haven't yet blogged about (some of which only I was able to do). So here goes...
Not too long ago I got some crazy idea to make homemade donuts and so I made them with my own two hands...are you proud of me Mom? You better be! The recipe made a ton more than we could eat (well, it made more than we "should" eat....we probably "could have" downed them all in one sitting) so we took some to friends AND kept a few for ourselves.


I have also been plenty busy with school believe it or not. Through the Carlson School of Business, and Ventures Enterprise I have been doing a consulting project on innovative approaches to managing chronic diseases in the baby boomer population by 2015.....la-dee-dah huh!? Our clients include HealthEast (a health system) Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN (payer/insurance), UCare (payer for Medicare qualifying enrollees), and Ecumen (a long-term care organization). I was able to faciliate an amazing ideation session with corporate leaders from most of the organizations. Here is the group of students that I have been working with. Don't we look professional!
In my free time I love playing or watching most any sport. On Wednesday evenings (from around 9pm to 11pm) a group of 8-10 friends play racquetball at the University Rec Center. We tried to play a few weeks ago but very quickly found out that all of OUR racquetball courts were occupied by the National Collegiate Handball Tournament. So, I stayed and watched the tournament for a little. Man, what a sport!

Speaking of sports. Three of my Utah MHA friends and I (Justin Atkinson, Brian Lee, and Dave Henriksen) all bought season tickets to the Minnesota Gophers Basketball games. We bought four tickets so that two of us could go with our wives each time. We usually had amazing seats (5-10 rows up) but this particular game against Illinois we got there late, and look what happened.....we got to see HALF the game. Needless to say Kara told me that we should have gotten there early and that I am always late! We were happy to see the Gophers make it to March Madness with their coach Tubby Smith but unfortunately they were ousted yesterday by Texas. My two other teams (Utah State and BYU) also lost.....USU (my alma-mater) lost by ownly 1 point ....maybe next year!

No comments: