2.05.2009

I'm curious......


.... what do you keep in your purse?

It seems like after having a child (ok, that is just my excuse) I have all sorts of paraphernalia in my purse at all times. "Just in case" is my motto, but then I wonder why my shoulder hurts everytime I get home from going somewhere with my purse.  Maybe it is because I carry things that I just HAVE to have?!  Like:

-wallet
-planner
-cell phone
-bag of cheerios, or some other multi-grain snack
-bag of craisins
-2 kinds of gum.... yes, I HAVE to have this, one fruity the other minty
-some sort of bribery candy
-2 kinds of chapstick.... I MAY need both of them on the same shopping trip!
-tissues
-wipes
-a plastic bag.... you never know
-my locker for the gym (if I don't keep it in here, I'll forget it)
-a couple dozen maps around the twin cities, they won't fit in our glove box, there are too many other things in there
-certain feminine items
-gloves, for me and Will
-a few bobbi pins
-2 bottles of hand-sanitizer
AND.... - a pen

YES, that is all in my purse, at all times.  The sad part is that I just thinking today how I've done so good at keeping it cleaned out.  Can you believe this?  What do YOU keep in your purse?

7 comments:

LDS Jewelry Online said...

You are so funny. I was just looking at my purse the other day too. Coop is only 6 months and I have a huge purse that includes: Diaper wipes, diapers, changing pad, wallet, chapstick, probably 5 pens (becuase one gets lost at the bottom so I put a new on in), burp cloth, chewy toys, extra change of clothes, hat, gloves, chapstick, lotion, hand sanitizer. Now the only thing that is for me are the pens, chapstick, and wallet, everything else is for Coop. :) Gotta love being a mom!

Miss ya!
Kasey

Shelly said...

You are super cute!! I totally understand the "just in case". I am a lot like that, however, I hate carrying a "purse" and actually refuse to call it a purse and instead, a "pack", the across-the-shoulder type.

I stopped carrying a diaper bag awhile ago. I keep a diaper changing pack in my car. I limit the size of my purse/pack. There is room for my wallet, cell phone, check book, a pen, box of raisins (for the kid), keys, lippy stuff, gum, and grocery store cards.
Although, that being said, #2 is about to be born and I'll have to start all over again with carrying the big diaper bag.

Cassi said...

This was a fun post! You should do something like this on Mommy Diaries! It would be fun to hear what everyone has in their purse!!

My purse, on the other hand, is almost always empty!! Not because I like it that way though... because Jaden KNOWS I have gum in there somewhere and he is determined to find it every time I turn my head!
But I try to keep my wallet, gum, lip gloss (i think i have 3 or 4!), a pen, checkbook, camera and phone all in there.

Amy said...

I was finally down to just a small(ish) purse as Easton was getting older that had essentials (some sort of lip stuff, gum, pens, diaper and wipes, hand sanitizer, wallet, cell phone and emergency snack) but now that Noah is here and it's winter my bag has tons of other stuff (burp cloths, change of clothes, saline spray, snacks, hats for both boys). The things we do for our kids! :)

Betsy said...

You must have a decent sized purse! I only keep the basics (wallet, pens, etc) in my purse these days. But if you asked about the diaper bag it would be a whole different story. Yes, I'm afraid I usually have two bags with me most of the time (although I often leave the diaper bag in the car).

brooklin said...

wow-- you are one prepared momma! my purse is pretty bleak-- diapers, wipes, wallet, phone, chapstick, nail clippers and file.... some sort of snack and drink for the kid. but i do remember that about you-- you love bags. they are fun! :) Hope all is well with you guys!

Jill said...

Ugh...I think that I must be slightly slumped to the right from carrying a huge diaper bag/purse with me everywhere. I have: diapers, wipes, a few random small toys, snacks for the kids (and me!), planner, wallet, sunglasses, lotion, chapstick, lipgloss, lip liner, hand sanitizer, gloves (for me, Anthony and Audrey), keys, and a small first aid kit. Gosh, I thought that not carrying a back-pack for school anymore was going to mean I'd save my back. So much for that. Fun question!