1.17.2009

Plus's and Minus's

I know you've all heard, it is COLD here.  You've probably heard on your news, and I'm sorry I've resorted to blabbing about the weather.  However, today I walked out to my car to go to Target, for the first time in 4 days.  I kid you not, it felt WARM to me.... do you know what the temp was?  A whopping 20 degrees! +20, I might add.  For the past 4 days, it has not reached a + number, this three/four day streak of negative temps has not happened since 1996, I'm so glad I was here to endure it. So.... why do I write? Because I have to, it makes me feel better. It wasn't all bad, we had a good time, it made for lots of one on one time with Will! :)

There are some positives to negative temperatures........

-the SUN is shiny, or shining.  It seriously was beautiful, TONS of white snow, our house all bright and airy looking, and the sun shining ALL day long.  Today, it was cloudy, a little snowy, and even though I loved the warmth, I missed the sunny sunshine!
-we slept in, really slept in... it doesn't even get light here until after 8am.   Then after we slept in, we drank hot chocolate, and stayed in our jammies almost all day.  Will loved it!
-I got to organize, organize, organize.  

All in all, it was very relaxing to know we couldn't really go anywhere, even if we wanted to.  Our house was full of groceries, we ate lots of homemade soup, homemade bread, and made cookies.  We read lots of books, and really just took advantage of time together.  Three cheers for minus temps!!! And now.... please bless that it never happens again, I like my near daily trips to Target! :)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds nice and cozy! Here in Southern Maryland people start to freak out if the temps hit below freezing (like 30's). We listened to A Prairie Home Companion today as we were driving home from Stake Conference (1 hour away) and he talked about how cold it is in MN. I have to say that the cold is the only thing I don't miss about MN. I miss everything and everyone else, though. You guys are great!

Amy said...

I'm jealous of your sun, but not those temps... brrrr!! I love those cozy days in the house... but it's preferable to know you have the options of leaving if you want to! :)

Shae said...

You are much more positive than I ever was! I never want to be cold again! But I would love to have some of your homemade soup.