11.01.2008

The Birthday Boy!!




There are many reason I love Scott, but here are a few of them.....

You take Will to the zoo so I can stay home and rest....

You do the dirty work.... like catching frogs with Will and taking out the garbage
You make every effort to really spend quality time doing things you enjoy  with Will, and teaching him to learn to laugh and find joy in being together
You bake......  And make eggs.  Okay, you bake molasses cookies, and you do make really good eggs.

You take me on dates and you're not afraid to stand on the corner to scalp tickets for a show you know I REALLY want to see.  And when it doesn't work out, you don't give up, you just make it more of an adventure and take me to a really nice restaurant without worrying about how much it will cost.  Then on the way home, you still let me stop at the gas station for chili cheese fritos and dr. pepper.
You're awesome at staying in shape and being healthy.  You put your mind to something and you do it!
You take me places..... 
You work hard, and you are good at what you do.  Basically you are good at everything.... has anyone else caught on to that yet?  It's true, sorry guys.
You don't push Will to do things he doesn't want to do.... hahaha, okay, you push him JUST enough, and look at him now, he LOVES to swim!
Most of all, you took part in bringing this little guy to our family, I don't know what I would do with either of you! AND......
You are an amazing father!
Happy Birthday Scott!  We love you, thank you for all you do for us and for always keeping us laughing and smiling!  We hope you have a special day!

3 comments:

Wes said...

Kara that was such a nice post- I'm almost crying. I can't believe how young Will looks in that picture at Mayo (I think its at Mayo- with the glass sculptures). I love the last picture with his UofM shirt on. Scott really does it all.
So...I can't remember, did Scott try to scalp tickets and nobody offered? What show was it again and where did you go and eat?

Joni said...

You really are so good Kara!! I loved your post! Happy Birthday Scott!

Krista said...

Happy Birthday, Scott. I didn't call or email...but I did tell my kids that it was Uncle Scott's birthday...so we were thinking about you!