10.19.2008

Date Night

It has been a while since Scott and I went on an actual date.  Or at least went somewhere together without our third wheel.  Don't get me wrong, we love that third wheel, why do you think it has been so long since we've gone anywhere without him?  ......So, on Friday night we went to the Hennepin State Theater and listen to Khaled Hosseini, author of the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns.  It was very interesting and intellectually stimulating and cultural.  It was great.  It was wonderful to be out of the house, to sit next to my hubby (who looked very handsome), and to reflect on the blessings that we enjoy as citizens of the United States, living in a country where we are free.

We had our good friends Dave and Natalie come watch Will.  When we asked them, we told them it would be super easy because he was just going to go to bed, then they could watch a movie or whatever.  Well..... 2 animated movies later, plus an overflowing toilet, we arrived home to Will and our sweet friends sitting on our bed, Will wide-eyed and exclaiming "I'm just sitting here waiting for you mom!"  What a stinker.  I don't know why we thought he would actually go to bed and go to sleep for someone else, he doesn't even do that for us.  It was pretty comical.  Will has been talking about Dave and Natalie ever since though, even though he told us that "I don't like Dave, I just like Natalie" a few times, he still asks about them.  This morning, hurriedly getting ready for church Will said "When I was sitting on your bed, Natalie was sitting by me and I opened my mouth like this, really big, and it was a really big yawn!"  Translation: I was sitting on your bed, sitting, not laying down, because I was determined to wait for you, even though I was exhausted.

Raising kids is such an adventure, but at least Scott and I had a little break and at least Dave and Natalie had a little experience in parenting.  Win-win, right?

No comments: