4.02.2008

Please?.....

Yesterday Will so very politely came up to me and said "Please have a jelly bean Mama?" With such a cute little grin on his face, I could barely resist. BUT, we were minutes from dinner so I said "You can have a jelly bean after dinner, we are going to eat in 2 minutes, okay?" Sadly he responded "Ask so nicely!?" As if to say, "but I asked so nicely the first time, and even said please!" Whenever he asks for something politely I always tell him "thank you for asking so nicely!" - and then he gets whatever it is that he wanted.... it was pretty hard for him to figure out that just because he asks nicely doesn't mean that he gets anything he wants.... it's rough being a 2 year old!

3 comments:

Grandpa Glenn said...

Kara, you are such a good Mom! And I can't believe how fast Will is growing up and learning and speaking! I miss him (and you and Scott) so much I can hardly stand it! But keep those BLOG postings coming! I love 'em. Love, Grandpa Glenn

Jill said...

The "Thank you for asking nicely, but no" IS a tough one! Will is so sweet.

Jaci said...

you truly do have one of the most adorable boys ever! I love him and I've never even met him. -- well, maybe I only when he was like a month old.