4.07.2008

General Conference

We LOVED watching general conference. Sunday was a very dreary day outside, so it was so fun to be in our little apt. as a family watching conference on our laptop. Before conference started, I went outside and got some sand, rocks, and pine cones. Will was thrilled that he got to play with sand inside (we drew with glue and then sprinkled sand on top... Will's drawing of choice? A brachiosaurus, of course!), we paintend the pinecones and rocks, and glued the pinecones on our sand art paper. Once we'd run out of projects - about an hour into conference - I pulled out a little "Conference Journal" I had printed off SUGARDOODLE and Will spent the next hour and half, coloring with markers. I didn't know it would be such a hit. Every now and again he would pipe up and say "President Eyring?" or "Nephi writes?" and once when Scott said "Who's that Will?" He correctly responded "Uctdorf (sp?" It was great. We had a wonderful weekend together watching conference and feeling the Spirit in our home - we are SO blessed! Will found Scott's sunglasses and loves to put them on and off - all himself of course! Here he is, giving me lots of hugs and slobbery kisses - THANKS WILL!

What a handsome little devil! Oh, and don't forget the extra LONG necked brachiosaurus or brontosaurus named "Bronta" - he was SO proud of this long neck!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are such a wonderful mom! I look up to and all the fun things you do with Will. Those activities sound so fun for him.

Shae said...

Will is a GENIUS! He is so creative! He obviously gets it from his parents!

Grandpa Glenn said...

I agree with Lindsay. You really are an incredible Mom. And conference was stupendous. This time I stayed awake for almost all of it. (I had to, because we had three members of our student ward over for dinner and both sessions of conference on Sunday.) Anyway, I'm proud of your cute little family. And keep these blog posts comin'!

JO said...

What a good mommy you are. We enjoyed conference on our lap top too. Thank goodness for technology!

Shelly said...

I echo all the comments about your mommying. Love it! I love that Will knows the names of his church leaders. That definitely is a reflection of how well you teach him!

Krista said...

Kara-you are so cute with all your little projects. My kids will probably never want me to come back after you tend them in October! The flowers at the Conservatory were awesome! Makes me want spring to come even more.