11.28.2007

The Holidazzle




We have really loved living in a big city, and it is especially fun during the holidays. Over Thanksgiving break, we rode the bus downtown to watch the Holidazzle Parade - a storybook parade of lights. Will thought the bus was great, and he wasn't so sure about the parade. It was a good night to go though because it wasn't too cold, we were bundled, but it was still bearable. I'm not sure Will really "gets" this whole Christmas thing, but I'm sure he'll be excited to open presents this year. We've been trying to teach him about the nativity, baby Jesus, etc. However, the only thing he's really caught onto is the Donkey in the stable, and he thinks it is pretty hysterical when he "HEE HAW" at him. Maybe we need to rethink our teaching methods?


We are really looking forward to our vacation to Utah, and spending time with family and friends during the Holidays. We are VERY excited to see snowy mountains, and hopefully go skiing. Just a couple weeks away.....

9 comments:

Betsy said...

I can't believe how big Will is getting. We're sure looking forward to seeing you guys too. We keep hoping Utah will get more snow so we can ski!

Krista said...

We're excited to have you come! Can't wait to see little Will. Oh...and I guess you and Scott, too! :)

Chalece said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! He is such a cute little boy! When are you going to Utah? Rob and I are going as well, for New Years and several days after that. I miss the mountains too!

Chalece said...

Hey, do you mind if I put you as a link on my blog??

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Go ahead and say hee haw cause lets face it - its hard to not think hee haw when there is a donkey involved! Besides he'll get the rest of it soon enough - he is smart - he has Childers blood in him afterall. =) Xoxo.

Jaci said...

you have such a fun life!

Marci said...

Kara!!! How are things going? We need to do better at keeping in touch. Will is adorable. I can't believe how fast kids grow!! It's crazy!!!! Sounds like you guys love it there. You need to make sure and call me when you get here. We'll have to do lunch or something. We have a lot to catch up on. Hope all is going well!! I love your blog. I need to learn how to create a blog. Oh, well maybe one day!!!
Marci

JO said...

There is a Christmas parade here as well however we were lame and did no go, maybe another year. I am soooo jealous that you get to go to Utah! Do you think I would sit in your suitcase? Curtis says that we can't afford to go home and waiting until summer will give us something to look forward to that much more...I guess he is right.

OurHappyFamily said...

Fyi, you have the cutest little family ever! I love all your pics and love to read all your posts! Stay warm and good luck keeping up with your little one. He is so dang cute!!!

P.S I need your address and can you tell me that FHE website that you used to have on your blog? Email: hillarywhalen@gmail.com