8.02.2007

YUMMY

There's nothing like a great recipe! I love cooking and reading cookbooks, so I'm always on the lookout for a great recipe. I had this recipe at a Relief Society training mtg. and loved it, then they sent out the recipe in a newsletter and I was so excited. It is great for a summer meal, no heating up your house with the oven - and the ingredients are different, but SO good. Let me know if you try it and like it!!


Chicken Strawberry
Wild Rice Salad

This serves about 6-8 people

2 cups cooked diced chicken
1 cup halved strawberries
¾ cup cooked wild rice
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
½ cup blanched (not cooked) broccoli (small) flowerets
½ cup chopped green onions
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup crumbled bacon
1 tablespoon white onion, very thinly sliced

Dressing
Using a blender, blend the following together:
1 bunch of chopped green onions
½ cup sugar
¾ cup canola or vegetable oil
(do not use olive oil, it is too strong a flavor)
1 tablespoon prepared honey mustard
¼ cup white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 tablespoon lime juice

Once blended, add in:
1 heaping tablespoon poppy seeds
Pour prepared dressing over top just before serving. Pour to
moisten, do not drench.
Served at the May Auxiliary Training Meeting.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This sounds soooooo good! I can't wait to try it. I love wild rice and am always looking for good recipes that use it.. thanks for sharing!!

Skipper said...

Kara, you should join my kitchen blog. It's way fun! All we do is exchange recipes and tips.