6.27.2007

"photoless"

I know the best part of a blog is getting to see lots of great pictures of what is happening in our lives. However, what is happening in our lives right now involves staying at "hotel" for three months while Scott does his internship at Mayo. So.... unfortunately, we don't have our camera cords and home computer to download pictures, and apparently Scott's lap-top does not have a card reader. So, for the next five weeks while we are here in Rochester, our blog will be photoless and we'll post some as soon as we return home to MPLS.

This week has provided us with many experiences. We attended church at our "new" ward on Sunday where I had to introduce myself as "not knew, nor visiting." I'm sure people think I'm weird and anti-social. Will got to attend Nursery for the first time ever - THANK YOU UNCLE WES (Nursery leader)!! He really enjoyed it, but most of all, he enjoyed the time with Uncle Wes.... and the snacks. On Monday, Will also got to enjoy some great quality time with Aunt Lorinda and Uncle Wes and cousins Caleb and Ivie. He spent most of the day at their house while Scott was home sick with the flu and I was trying to do my wifely duties and take care of him. Will had a great time, eating popsicles, playing in the water, and learning to say "caleb" and "ivie." He came home with a BIG bump on his head........? We're going to re-think our "all day" stays at Uncle Wes's, hahahaha, just kidding. He did fall and get a pretty big bruise while walking down their driveway. I guess it is to be expected with emerging walkers!

On Tuesday after Will spent the day with his cousins, we were at Barnes and Noble looking at books and he opened a book that had a girl and boy in it doing all sorts of fun summer activities. Will started laughing and pointed to the girl and said "Ivie!" clear as a bell, it was so cute. I'm beginning to think I need to pay more attention to what I say because Will remembers things. Yesterday I changed his diaper and he said "baby" pointing at the diaper package. I said "Yep, there's a baby on your diapers!" Well, about half hour later, we were eating breakfast and he pointed to his room and said "baby, diapers!" I couldn't believe it!

Well, we look forward to posting some pictures. Thanks to all our friends for staying in touch, we love hearing from you! Hope you stay tuned and check back often....

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey!!
I just found your blog off the Udy's. It was great to see your pictures! Your little boy is go BIG! I can't believe it. How are you doing? Our blog is www.zlshore.blogspot.com
~~Zach and Lindsay

Amy said...

Hi Mortensen family!! We found you through Jeremy and Shalee's blog. Sounds like life is exciting for you right now. It will be fun to keep updated. Our blog is tabfamily.blogspot.com. The Blakes