3.18.2012

no pictures, just ramblings

My oh my, how time flies! I've had a couple experience lately that I really want to remember. Scott suggested I write them in my physical, hand-written, journal. So I pulled it out, dusted it off and meekly checked the last time I had written...... April of 2009. I was a little bit ashamed. I DO have a blog, so those past three years are not lost to us, they are just documented on the blog. The sad thing is how much has happened in those three years that I haven't recorded my feelings (besides on the blog of course). So, what went un-recorded? Us moving to Ohio, all our fertility treatments, adopting Eli, several trips back and forth to Utah, my parents coming home from their mission, moving BACK to Utah, living with my sister for 7 months, moving into our own home, Scott starting two different jobs, and all the other little things in-between.

So, I updated my journal and have resolutions to keep it better updated. Thank heavens for blogs, otherwise I would have been really sad feeling like these things weren't recorded. And for this week's update, we've been busy, but happy! We've been super busy with daily "to-do's", school, work, church, but we've also been loving the beautiful weather. The boys have been loving playing outside and enjoying the sunshine. We are fully outfitted for summer with new flip flops, swimsuits, and bikes! Well, we are still searching for a bike for Will, but we've ordered Eli's wiggle car so he'll stop stealing everyone else's. We were all ready for summer and now today it is SNOWING!

Other big news.... my parents who are on a mission in the Washington DC temple have been in and out of the hospital with my dad. He has been having heart problems. We were very scared and worried, but he is doing much better now and we are relieved. The day he went to the hospital, we were putting our boys to bed and told them to say special prayers for Grandpa. Will asked what had happened so we told him and he became very emotional and very worried. He is such a tender heart! He was so worried he was having trouble going to sleep. Finally he said "Mom?! I'm just so worried about Grandma Hopkins, because if Grandpa dies, then WHO is going to have to marry?!" It gave us a good laugh.

Will has been doing great in school, he is learning by leaps and bounds and doing a fantastic job with his violin. He's learning a new song almost each week and loves to practice, which is a blessing! We've also been enjoying our weekly visits from Grandpa Mortensen when he comes down to work at the MTC. The boys love the extra attention, the pillow fights, and the funny things Grandpa does and says. I enjoy the release from my duties for a few hours! :)

Life is good. Motherhood is wonderful and I am blessed. We are very content and feel grateful to our Heavenly Father for his guidance and watch care over us.

1 comment:

Cassi said...

The snow has been a bummer for us too! We are so ready for Spring! :)
I didn't know your parents were on another mission! I hope your dad gets better!!
I can't believe how close you guys live to us and how much we NEVER see you! :) We definitely need to plan something, a play date or double date or anything!