8.29.2011

twas the night before

Tomorrow is the big day! We had some big changes over the weekend, we found out that Will got a spot in a charter school that we've been on the waiting list for since February! We were really excited. He was a little uncertain when we first told him because he was so prepared to go to the other school. We had practiced pick-up/drop-off, met his teacher, done his assessment, etc. So, he was pretty geared up and excited about his other elementary school. However, now that's it's been a few days, he is getting really excited for tomorrow at the Charter school. Mom and Dad are extra excited about it because it has small class sizes, great language programs (Will will start Spanish!!), and has a great art and music program. We are also excited that we have a couple friends who go there, along with Will's cousins. I'm hoping for a great year!

As this year's back to school dinner, per request, we had green balloons. One that said "Happy Birthday" and the others just green. That is something I can work with, thank you Will!

So, green it was. I got to work. We had a yummy dinner, some great pep-talk and confidence boosters (I hope!), and had a lot of fun. After dinner we ran around outside for a few minutes and then it was time for baths, books, and bed. But not before Scott gave Will a father's blessing.


Will's simplicity is something I love so much about him. He is easily content and happy. He doesn't require much in order to please or be pleased. This year, he asked for :

Peanut butter and honey sandwiches.....
Chocolate milk
And his favorite roasted potatoes
Oh, and we also had fruit..... not pictured! :)

I love this little family picture. I especially love that Will has ahold of me by the neck. He is a "mama's" boy through and through. He's been asking how long I get to come to school with him.... I'm hoping for a calm "good-bye" tomorrow.

Digging in!
Oh Will, how do I even say enough sweet words about you. You are my miracle child, my buddy, my faithful supporter, my sunshine, my comedic relief, and my friend. I hate to send you out into the world and not have you by my side while Eli is napping, but I'm so excited for all the new things you will learn about the world and people around you. You're the best, and you're going to do great! We love you !

Hopefully next to come..... back to school pictures!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

What a fun tradition. I can't wait to hear about how Will is doing at school. Claire starts next week. Crazy! How did they get so big? I'm feeling sad about it.

Chalece said...

Wow Will! I hope his first day went great. He is getting so big. I love the back to school party. Do you let him pick the 'theme' every year? We usually do a pizza party with a new movie. I love fun traditions!