7.07.2011

flyin' by


This isn't the greatest picture of Scott finishing the race, this guy stepped in front of him right as I was trying to snap. Then I was cheering and too excited and didn't snap another one. :(

This Summer is flying by! I can't believe it is already July. We have had such a fun Summer so far and done so many fun things. A couple weeks ago, Scott ran the AF Canyon half marathon. He did SO awesome. I was pretty proud, and impressed. The race started at 6 am. He told me he was hoping to run the race in 1 hr. and 20 min. Yes, that is insane. Well, knowing him, I got to the finish line at a little after 7am. I saw the very first runner come in and knew that Scott was not far behind. I was right, at 7:26 here came Scott! We were so proud of him, he did awesome. He took 3rd in his age group!
After the race, we saw Scott's cousin Joey. It was fun to see him and catch up a little bit.
Eli was so happy to see Daddy. He was cheering and clapping for him with me and Will and then he just wanted Dad to snuggle him.
This is a very "NON" flattering picture of me, but cute of the rest of my cute little fam so I had to post it. Way to go Scott, that was awesome and so fun to see you finish the race in such a great time!
After the race we went and watch Denver play some baseball. Eli had to sport his "Irish" shirt!

We headed to story time last week to get us out of the house for a couple hours. It was really fun. They had a snack and crafts for the kids to do. The theme was Asia.... and more specifically dragons. The kids got to try their hand at eating with chopsticks, they gave goldfish for snacks and they made dragon kites. We had a great time running around the big lawn outside the library flying our kites! Eli's favorite part was the goldfish.... and the water fountain.

Family Reunion Time!

My brother and sister in-law did a great job planning our family reunion this year. It was over the 4th of July weekend. Day 1 we all met at the temple and did sealings as a family. It was awesome. My dad is a sealer so he was able to perform them all, plus we had enough people that we had a whole private sealing room all to ourselves. It was great, and in typical fashion with my family, probably the roudiest sealing session I've ever been in. BUT, it wasn't just us being irreverent, it was the hardest, weirdest names we had ever heard in our lives. We tried to maintain some peaceful reverence and had a great experience, I feel so blessed to sealed to a wonderful family. We couldn't help but think of our little E man getting sealed, it was an experience we'll never forget. What a blessing for us all!

After the temple we met for dinner and then headed to the fireworks. Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures on Day 1!

Day 2 we had breakfast and went for a hike up Providence canyon. The kids had a great time as usual. It was a nice, hot, sunny day. We got plenty sweaty and ready to head to the pool after our hike.


We spent the afternoon at the pool and then had a weiny roast and smores for dinner. It was great. Will loved the pool and went down the slide several times! Go Will!

Day 3
We went to church with my parents and then had a yummy Luau dinner. We talked and laughed and then laughed some more at our "Family Talent Show." My little nieces and nephews did great, I wish I had recorded all of them it was really awesome. We had a lot of fun.

Post talent show picture with grandpa and grandma thrown in there somewhere. We are only missing 4 grandkids from this picture. :( We missed you Denver, Breanna, Taylor and McKenzie!

After the talent show the kids watched a movie together and ate lots of yummy treats and popcorn. It was cute to see everyone watching together. It was really funny to hear all the rustling of popcorn bags and eating of treats! Will (in the bright green shirt) was very intently talking to aunt Jenn, telling her some very interesting things that she told me after.... I don't know where he is learning this stuff!?


Happy Fourth of July! Day 4. A yummy pancake breakfast and then farewell to everyone. Here's the best family picture we had from the 4th. You can't tell very good in this picture, but Eli got a mosquito bite right between the eyes and apparently he is allergic. He looked a little Quazimoto-ish for several days. He woke up with eyes swollen and head swollen even bigger. It was like the size of a golf ball. Now it is a big scab. It was really bad. He also had several big, swollen ones on his arms and one on his back. Darn mosquitoes.
One more of the grandkiddos. All decked out in their holiday decor! They are a cute and festive bunch!
Will is so kind to Eli. He is a great big brother. And Eli trusts him with everything. I love how Will is holding him back in the picture with his arm around him and Eli doesn't even mind. Funny smile on Will's face, but still cute boys!!

After our reunion, I headed to Wes and Lorinda's house for a few days. I'm still here actually. It's the life of a gypsy.... we are still homeless, but not for long! Only three short weeks!! We always have a great time at Wes and Lorinda's. Will loves playing with his cousins. Yesterday we ventured out to American West Heritage Center. It was great. It is such a pretty spot. We had a great time. We rode the train, rode ponies, talked to the farm hands, watched them feed pigs, strain milk, make wool yarn, do rag rugs, talked to the mountain man and learned about Beaver traps and furs, talked to the Native American and learned some Native American sign language, fed chickens and gathered eggs, and panned for gold. By the end, we were pleasantly worn out and had a very fun day. We will be going back for sure!
Cute kids. Will, Ivie, Norah, Eli, Caleb (notice him and Will have matching shirts on!), and Jane in the stroller. They are a fun bunch!
Oh, and I almost forgot to say we learned how to throw a Tomahawk. It was a little scary.

Nice throw Caleb!

We've been busy and having a lot of fun. We are looking forward to the busy next three weeks and then moving into our new place. We are really excited about it and even more excited just to have a place to ourselves! I can't wait to get all my stuff back out of storage and hope that it has survived the past 9 months! I can't wait to have my own bathroom and a separate one for my kids, I can't wait to do my own grocery shopping again, cook my own meals, and even do my laundry with my own washer and dryer! I'm even excited to clean my own house again. Weird the things you miss when you don't have them, isn't it?

1 comment:

kwh said...

Love all the pictures Kara. Where are you going to be living? Does this mean you were able to sell your house in Cleveland?! Glad you're having a fun summer.