6.10.2011

summer is here!!

We've made it! Just like it always done, Summer just happens, suddenly, with no warning. We go from colder temps, rain, cloudy skies, to beautiful, warm sunny days in a matter of hours it seems. I'm not complaining. The weather has been gorgeous. The boys and I have spent several hours outside, enjoying the summer sights and sounds. I absolutely love this time of year. I love everything about it. The sunshine, the heat of the day so hot you have to either go swimming or run through the sprinklers, anything but go inside....., the green grass, running barefoot, boating, swimming, going for walks in the evening when it doesn't get dark early, the summer holidays (4th of July is my favorite!), summer salads that qualify as "dinner," color on my cheeks.... the list could go on and on. Today our most favorite was POPSICLES!
We had to kick off our summer vacation with popsicles. Of course. We thoroughly enjoyed them, and since we've had colds and nasty fevers around here, the popsicles were just exactly what we needed.
We had to try each flavor in the bag, of course. They were yummy, and our favorite was unanimous, root beer. Out of this bag anyways, next bag has the icy blue kind, orange, and something I can't remember..... we'll have to have two favorites I guess.
Cheers to Summer!!

No comments: