7.04.2010

***Last year at the fireworks, little did we know, we were getting a baby in just a month or so! I can't believe the difference a year makes in our lives, and yet it seems like this was just yesterday!***

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

We live in the most awesome country in the world. I'm proud of our nation, it's goals, it's values, it's progress. I'm grateful for the freedoms and opportunities I have living in the USA.

When I think about the 4th of July, it has some of the greatest and most treasured memories of my life. I've been a lot of different places on this Holiday and nothing compares to being with your family and enjoying all we've been given. I love the words to the song "America the Beautiful." I get teary every time I hear it or sing it. We are so blessed and have so much to be grateful for.

Oh beautiful for spacious skies
For amber waves of grain
For purple mountains majesty
Above the fruited plane
America, America
God shed His grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

I hope you all have a great Holiday!

No comments: