4.28.2010

Utah day two

After we finalized Thursday morning, we drove up to Logan. We spent the afternoon at my parents new house and had a great time! My brothers and their families all came for dinner Thursday night. It was fun to see them, let Will play with cousins, and let everyone see Eli.

On Friday, we headed over to the Mortensen's and spent the day there. Mostly getting ready for everything on Saturday and getting ready for a birthday party for Will. We have the greatest family, they were all so happy and excited for Will and made him feel really special. I'm glad they were able to come! Will loves his cousins and talks about all his cousins constantly. He played for hours and hours with them, I hardly ever saw him the entire time we were in Utah. He was loving it.

Grandma made a watermelon cake per Will's request. I have no idea where this request came from, that's just what he chose, so that's what she made! It turned out really cute, and Will thought it was great!


We also had ice cream cones with our cake. We lit the candles, but Will didn't want anyone to sing to him or to even tell him "Happy Birthday!" So we didn't. We just lit the candles and had him blow them out, then we ate cake, had ice cream cones, and Will opened some presents. He was so spoiled, he was just loving every minute. I was glad we could do this for him before our big day on Saturday, I think it was good for him to have some of the attention!


Will loved his party. He got a frog habitat from Aunt Krista and loves it! Thanks again!! We are waiting for his real tadpole to come in the mail.... it said 4-6 weeks. It's is going to be a long wait, because Will has asked several times, several times a day when it is coming.....

Thanks for making Will feel special everybody for all you do for us! We had a great time! I'll be back tomorrow to write about our sealing!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I hope the tadpole arrives before I come so I can meet him (or her...not sure how to tell on a tadpole!). Glad he likes it!