1.12.2010

get your bowling shoes on!

We had a GREAT weekend! Our weekend started off with Scott and I enjoying a date night. We went to the movie The Blindside. We LOVED it, naturally. It was so inspiring, if you haven't seen it, please go! It was great to have a night out with my hubby. We haven't had an official date night in a very long time. We even got popcorn, the biggest one possible so we could refill it on the way out! :) Yep, we're nerdy. Will loved it the next morning though!

On Saturday, per Will's request, we went bowling. We found a great, family friendly, bowling alley and had a great time. Will wasn't so sure about our cool shoes at first, but he was very excited to send his ball down the lane.

A lesson in bowling, from Dad beforehand. Will was pretty proud that he could carry his ball all by himself! What a big boy!
Great form Scott! :) Isn't he cute, even from behind.
This is what Eli looks like all smooshed into his carseat before we go anywhere! He's awesome.
And of course, no Saturday would be complete without a good wrestle before bed. Even Eli loves to join in on the fun! Being the only girl in the family has it's advantages, I'm not expected to wrestle, and when I do, they have to "be nice" to mom!
I sure love my little family! We have some great moments together and love to laugh with each other. On the way to church, we were laughing SO hard at Will that we both started crying. He was on a run of what my mom used to call "diarreah of the mouth." He was barely stopping his chatting, noises, expressions just to take a breath. He was seriously on one, it was reminding me of the movie Elf, when Buddy is talking to his little "brother" after school and it's one question or comment right after another.

6 comments:

Krista said...

What a cute picture of your boys wrestling!

Owen & Ashlie said...

Love to see your cute family!

Devin and Liz said...

oh my word... love your pictures and FAMILY. Wish I could kiss all your cheeks eight times each. maybe 10 for Eli... haha. I love you all and glad to see you're so happy :)

Jenn said...

I love the pictures of the bowling shoes! And Eli - oh my word, too cute!

Lorinda said...

Scott, try to lift your left leg up behind you a little more on the follow-through. OK. Your blog is awesome! I would have paid good money to hear Will blah blah blah his way to church. I want to know what he said. You guys have such a good lookin family. Can't wait to visit!
-wes

Leah Miller said...

so cute...especially the last two pictures.