8.16.2009

more bits and pieces

As promised, here's more pictures of the house. We spent most of Saturday doing odds and ends around home. It is coming together, still not all quite there, but we're making progress!

To start, here's our little guy's room.

This is soon to be the reading nook, we are in the process of another very large pillow, and a fluffy rug where he can sit, lay, slump, or whatever he wants while he reads his books.
We finally got the boat mobile and map hung. It brings things together nicely. My favorite part of this room is that there are many subtle colors. I tried to work it around his car mat/rug with all the fun colors in it. It's easy to add to and change things up!
And next is my little craft nook. This is our loft. It will mostly be used for another guest room. Eventually we'd like to turn my craft room into a third bathroom, but for now, it's MY space. Which translates into "I get to do whatever I want with it....." and best part, I have enough room to leave my sewing machine and ironing board out, all the time. 

So, here's the door to my nook, I hung a shoe thing and filled it with all our craft supplies. Glue, paint, googly eyes, fabric markers, glue gun, craft scissors, pipe cleaners, feathers, you name it. It all here, in one easy spot. I like it this way. And if I need to, I can shut it all up inside my nook so no one, or no KID can get to it if I don't want them too!

Okay, for some reason my pictures went a little skeewompus (SP???).   The following picture is one favorite recent find. I found these antique, foldable, yard sticks. Aren't they cool? I think so, they aren't going to stay propped up on my Martha Mags, but for now, I am not sure how I want to display them. They were a steal and I'm wishing I would have bought the other 2 at the yard sale. Oh, and do you love the color of my nook? Grass green, it's lovely, and calm, and makes me creative..... I think. Okay, maybe not, but I was itching to paint something this lovely color.
Our fun ceilings in my nook are pretty low, and one side is rounded. I needed something or some way to store my fabric so that it was easy to get to and visible. Scott hung my ikea rods and I used this sweater hanger to put my fabric and baskets of yarn.  I'm not done organizing or unpacking fabric, so don't get all worked up thinking I've forgotten how to organize.
..... and some odds and ends ribbon tails that I had.
Just a hop, skip, and a jump away from my hanging fabric, is my other ikea rod, nicely holding my iron, sewing scissors, water bottle, and my lovely orange topiary. Love it. 

Don't look too close at my shelf. It needs a little TLC, and it's gonna get it. All in good time. For now, it works to store my "notions," button jar, Martha Mags, and mirror.


So..... what do you think. It's coming, no? I'm loving having my own space, and especially a space where I can go to craft. It's a lot of fun, come on over, we'll have a crafting party!! Just in case you were wondering, only 1 1/2 walls in my little nook are this green. The rest is a beautiful bright white. I didn't want the walls closing in on me!

4 comments:

Cassi said...

How FUN! I love your craft room! I need to steal these ideas from you! Those Ikea racks come in handy! I have one in my kitchen.
Oh and I love your new shoes too! :)

jfb said...

you are quite the decorator, Kara! Your house looks beautiful. I love the idea for all your craft supplies.

Betsy said...

You really are so talented! Will you help me come decorate my house (when I have one someday?)

Mandi said...

so jealus of that nook!!!