5.09.2009

Year six

Yesterday was our anniversary! SIX wonderful year, I can't believe it.  I know it may not seem like such a long time to many of you, but it does to me... especially when I think of what we have accomplished in those 6 years.  Here are just a few:

  • We both graduated from Utah State with our bachelor degrees
  • We both graduated with our Master's degrees, I at Utah State, Scott here in MN
  • We had the most special person come to our life, our little Will, who is always the light and life of our family.
  • We've bought two homes together, sold one ourselves
  • We've lived in Logan, MN, and soon to be OH
  • Since being married, I've learned to cook, sew, crochet, make jewelry, ski, run (okay, I know that everyone knows how to run, but I should say I've become a little bit of a "runner"), most importantly, I've learned how to love unconditionally.
  • We've been blessed to travel to several places: San Diego, Mexico, Bolivia and Peru, various trips around Utah, Idaho, the Headwaters of the Mississippi, The North Shore, Nauvoo, Chicago, New Orleans, Florida, Las Vegas, Cleveland, Kirtland OH, Washington DC/Virgina/Maryland.... and countless places around MN.
  • We worked at countless jobs, most importantly, the job of parenting.  The others: Al's Sporting Goods, Deseret Book, Utah State University, Birch Creek Golf Course, IHC, and Scott has had several jobs here at the U of MN.
Through all this, we are happy, healthy, and love each other more than we did six years ago.  We've grown in so many ways as people, as a couple, and as a family.  The best part? It has ONLY been six years, we are so excited to experience life together as a family.  We have so many blessings, we couldn't ask for more!

2 comments:

DA & J said...

I sometimes forget that we share the same blessed day! Happy Anniversary!

Jaci said...

fun to read a little bit more about your past. you are such great couple and wonderful family. there should be more people like you around!