12.11.2008

Christmas Tradition

A few years ago, I was wishing for some really pretty Christmas dishes/china.  As Scott and I discussed this idea, we came up with an even better idea/solution to our "need" for Christmas china.  Each year, it was decided that we would buy one place setting and add to it each year.  So, our place settings don't match, but they all coordinate beautifully.  Not to mention that it is so fun to remember where each one came from, and how that Christmas was spent.  This is our third year buying dishes, so we finally have one for each of us.  The first year, Scott surprised me with the place setting.  The second year, we went to an after Christmas sale in Utah and found our place setting then.  This year, I found the perfect set on-line, in November.  I've been super excited to pull them out and use them for our special Christmas dinners, Sunday dinners in December, etc.  This year, I was spoiled and even got to add some salad/dessert plates to the collection.  I thought I would share.....

The salad plates (they are my favorite!)


Year one.....

Year Two....

Year Three....

7 comments:

stacibee said...

What a cute idea! Absolutely darling!

mom2beachbums said...

Love it!! Do you shop for clearance pieces after the holiday? Hope you are keeping warm over there ~~my boys want you ship us some of your snow!

Krista said...

I love them, Kara. What a great tradition!

brooklin said...

what a fun tradition! i would love to have holiday dishes-- what a great way to get them.

The Bryger Family said...

I LOVE that tradition. All of your dishes look great together.

kasey

Jaci said...

I Love that! I might just have to jump on that tradition.

Chrissy said...

Cute idea with the Christmas china. You are so creative Kara, and have good taste. I miss you like crazy. So, maybe we can be on the 10 year plan to live with in 2 hours of each other.