10.26.2008

The Monster Dash

Sorry, you'll have to skip to the bottom to read about our race, my pictures and computer are being stubborn. 

Angie and I after the race.  Angie is 7 mo. pregnant.... can you believe that?  She is adorable!
Will was a very bashful Cobra and I was a black cat.  


My friend made Will this awesome Cobra fleece hat, isn't it cute?  Will thought it was great, he especially liked the long snake tail I made for him.... I thought he looked like a very nice snake!



Well.... we did it!  Will and I had a blast at our 5K on Saturday.  Scott was sad he missed it, he had class in Rochester.  Early Saturday, Will and layered on our clothes and headed over to Lk. Harriett for the spookiest 5K ever! :)  It was so much fun, I'm glad we did it.  Thanks to the friends who made it possible, Chalece for loaning me her car, Angie for the motivation (she's 7 mo. pregnant!), and Kendra for keeping me warm and cheering me on!  

We had a great race, stopped to trick or treat along the course a couple times and enjoyed seeing the hundreds of silly costumes people come up with!  Will was my running partner and kept saying "go faster mom! Keep running!"  It was so cute.  I was pushing him in the stroller and I guess he didn't think we were going fast enough.

The morning started COLD, I thought I would freeze and poor little Will kept saying, "My nose is cold!" But once we started running and the sun came out, it was a beautiful day and we were peeling off our layers!  We will miss this event next year, hopefully they'll have something similar wherever we move!!

5 comments:

Chalece said...

You know, you could just stay here! ;) I'm so glad that you had a great time! Will is really such a cute snake!

Tana said...

I like the tail you made to go with the hat!

monica said...

Will & you look so cute! Way to go Kara. Thank you for running with me, I know I'm slow and complain too much, but I really appreciate you for waking up to run the hill up Como and almost getting hit by train in the rain in the dark.
You're the best.

Jaci said...

that is so fun! I am glad you and your sidekick, Will, are always having so much fun! you look great by the way!

mom2beachbums said...

I envy anyone who can run. One of my aspirations that I dont think I'll achieve in this life. You and your friend look so great...wow 7 months pregnant well hidden. I hope you keep on running. And my snake lovin boy's love Will's cobra costume. I dont know if I commented on your pumpkins below. But I have to know how to do those...never seen it done before and they looks so pretty on your table. Want to glitter some myself for next year.