9.19.2008

It's been awhile!

Well, time flies when you are busy raising a 2 year old! I've been pretty terrible at blogging the past few weeks. Scott started school and Will and I have had lots of fun adjusting to Daddy being gone all day! This is a very exciting semester for us, we hope to have a job when it ends this December, or shortly after! So, here's an update:



Scott is doing great. I am SO proud of him. He would be really embarassed I'm writing this, but I can because I'm his wife and I really am so inspired by him. He is such a hard worker, he wants the best for our family and he is not willing to settle until he gets what he wants. We went to by him a suit for his interviews and I was almost giddy, he looked so handsome and so professional, I thought "Who wouldn't give this boy a job?" Scott has impressed me from day one, he's always been a friend to everybody, regardless of personality, nationality, athletic ability :), and whatever else. He's professional, he's kind, and he's a wonderful dad. Today I told Will that Daddy was taking him to a football game tomorrow and he got all excited and said "With Daddy?" And I said "yep, and I'm going to get some treats for you and daddy to take to the game!" Then Will looked at me for a minute and said "No mama, just daddy will get treats for me!" He is excited to have Scott all to himself tomorrow and doesn't want me to have any part of it!



Will is also doing great. His little two year old self comes out occasionally and I don't really know what to do. Other times, most of the time, he is such a sweet heart. He's doing great at going on the potty and wakes up dry most mornings, and always from his naps. He LOVES sticks outside or as he calls them "sharks." He gives them each a name and tells me exactly what kind of shark it is. He wanders all around the playground picking up sharks and bring them to me. Even little tiny sticks he says "Oh, look mom, it's a cute little baby shark!" and then he pets it and sets it down by me. Although I don't like it, he brings those sticks home almost everyday, so we keep a special bucket by our door full of sticks that we empty when he's not looking. He is also LOVING anything that is creepy crawly or an animal/sea creature. He usually plays with his squishy lizards, or his whales, or his pipe cleaner snakes. Not only does he play with 1 pipe cleaner snake, he plays with like 50 and tries to carry them all. He notices if he even drops one and wanders around looking for that lost pipe cleaner until he finds it.... he usually recruits my help for this, and is often dramatic when we can't find it! He's going to sleep in his bed and usually sleeps MOST of the night there, we're making progress! Will also listens to everything I say. It is scary because he repeats things I didn't know he was listening to! Yikes. Will also really likes reading his Scripture Stories for Children books. He pays attention, asks questions, and usually can't to bed until we've read. He amazes us when he tells us in church "He said Lehi!" or something similar that we've read in the scriptures. Bottom line: we love our little guy endlessly, and he is the light, hope, and reason for our lives.



As for me, I'm doing great. Loving motherhood more than ever. Trying to find a balance in all things is a tough job, but I've been recently inspired to do better. I can tell you this, it feels so great to lay out your priorities, put down on paper what you want to do each week and actually do them! We've spent more meaningful time together as a family, I've been consistently excersizing and Will and I spend more time doing things together and talking to eachother. My health is doing much better, mostly I believe because of the wonderful father's blessing I recieved when I was in Utah and got to see my parents. I stay busy with all the everyday things that make up life, and I love it! The occasional break is always needed and appreciated, but life feels good for me right now and we are so excited for what is to come!

Sorry no pictures.... I'll have to take some of something interesting!

7 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

What a great update. YOu should be proud of Scott. Bry and I were just talking about him to a friend the other day and saying how well he was doing in school over in Minnesota. Will is adorable. I will have to talk to you soon and get some tips on how to get Cooper to be as great as Will. I LOVE that he knows the gospel. You are a great mother. You inspire me to be better everytime I read your blog.

You are great Kara.

Kasey

Bridget said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better and that everyone is doing so well! Scott is doing great and I bet that you're both excited to see a light at the end of the tunnel. And Will is totally adorable. We miss you guys and all of the fun MN people! And, thanks for adding the particles link to your sidebar and we'd always LOVE to have you be an author if you'd like! Good luck with the upcoming winter and let us know if you have time for a visit when you come to Logan!

Grandpa Glenn said...

Kara, I totally loved this blog entry. You and Scott are doing so much better than Martha and I ever did at organizing your lives and setting goals and teaching the gospel at home. You said some great things about Scott, and I believe that all of those things are true. But, Kara, you are an amazing person yourself!! I can't tell you how overjoyed I am that Scott was able to get you as an eternal mate!!! You are so sweet and loving and positive-thinking! Every grandparent wants the best for his grandchildren.... and I am so happy that Will has you!! He is getting an incredible stat on life, thanks to a loving, doting, fun-loving, spiritual, organized Mom like you. Thanks for everything you do for Scott and Will. We love you more than you know.

Grandpa Glenn said...

OOPS! That was supposed to be "START on life".... not "stat". sorry. Hugs and kisses, Grandpa Glenn

Shae said...

YEA! I cannot wait to see where you end up going after graduation! You guys are so awesome...I'm sure you'll have plenty of options to choose from! I'm glad to hear that everything is going so well for you all! We miss you! Keep us posted on the job hunt!

Betsy said...

Thanks for the update. We miss your cute family so much! Be sure to keep us posted on Scott's job possibilities so we can look for jobs close by :)

Krista said...

You both are such a good example to me! Thanks for being such a great sister. I hope you get to move closer to us! :) We love you!