8.04.2008

Utah - TRIP #2

Well, Will and I survived another whirlwind trip to visit family in Utah/Idaho. It was a great trip, we had TONS of fun. When we visit family, it always makes us wish we lived a little closer.... good thing we have great friends to keep us company while we are far from our families!

My niece McKenzie got married while we were home, she made a beautiful bride and we wish her all the happiness she deserves. The wedding was very pretty, overlooking beautiful Bear Lake. The lake was SO blue and pretty, I loved it! McKenzie and her mom (my sister, GayLynn)
My sister GayLynn, McKenzie, and me
Will got to ride his very first horse!! He LOVED it. He told everyone about his horse ride on Newey, I'm sure he'll remember that for a very long time and be telling people about how the horse talks, sneezes, and walks. When we put him on the horse and she started to walk he asked his uncle Shane "Whoa, what's the horse doin'?" and Shane said "She's just walking!" and Will matter of factly said "oh." I think he wasn't really sure what was going to happen when he got up there, but he wasn't scared at all, like I thought he'd be.
Ride 'em cowboy!

While in Utah, we got to spend lots of time with Will's cousins, and Grandma and Grandpa from URUGUAY!! They took the kids to the discovery gardens at Thanksgiving point and saw all sorts of animals, bee's in the bee hive, and crawled around through this catepillar. They also had a little splash park of Noah's ark.... Will didn't really like the water shooting out at him unexpectedly, I don't blame him.
Checking out the BEES

Also while in Utah, my brother Mark was kind enough to take us boating, twice! It was a blast, we had so much fun. Like I said, Bear Lake is gorgeous and we had a lot of fun knee boarding, surfing, tubing, and hanging out on the boat.

Will and Grandpa Hopkins
Eating oranges, I think this was like his 4th in a row!

This is a shot from Utah lake, can you tell the difference in the water color?

Will running to jump in Bear Lake!
My dad didn't bring a swimsuit, so we were trying to keep him as dry as possible. My brother had pull him back and forth to the boat on the tube, with all the food and such. Will even got to ride a couple times. Amazingly, my dad stayed dry most of the day, until the last time we headed to the boat and some of the girls decided to try and jump on, and it flooded with water. Sorry dad! It was hilarious watching him float out like this to the boat.
Check out the water, it was even prettier in person!
Will snoozing while I rode the tube.
More Utah Lake boating:Little Zac was so funny and cute in his lifejacket. I don't think he
knew what was happening to him!Cool dude. Will said "It's too bright out here mommy, I need to wear your sunglasses" so, of course I let him. He thinks he's a stud.Sorry for the blurry picture, but that is me and Stephanie and Will on the tube! Wahoo!

Welcome Home Mom and Dad! We were so excited to see grandma and grandpa that we had to celebrate with a Costco cake! It was delicious and we were all so happy to see Mom and Dad, don't they look great? We will miss them the next 15 months, but we are excited they are more than half way done!!!! YAY!


Thanks for the fun trip everybody! We loved seeing you and can't wait to see you again in a year or so!! Thanks also for letting Will and I bombard your houses, cars, boat, and fridges :)








2 comments:

Krista said...

Your always welcome to my house, car, boat (if I had one...), and especially fridge! We miss you already. P.S. You forgot your Mac 'n Cheese popcorn topping! Next time I'll have to slip it in your suitcase!

Shelly Traveller said...

I bet it was GREAT to see them again!