8.20.2008

Potty Training

Well, I didn't want to post about potty training because I didn't want to jinx myself. However, I can't not post about it because I'm so proud of Will! He is very near to being COMPLETELY potty trained. He has had VERY minimal accidents and is doing great at telling me when he needs to go. We've even ventured out of the house already and he's only on day 5 of training. He loves getting potty treats and gets so excited for himself when he goes on the potty. He's even been going number 2 on the potty! We've had lots of applause, treats, hugs, new undies, and calls to grandma and grandpa to let them know what a big boy he is.

Wish us luck, we go out of town next week and we'll be in the car for a few hours. Should I risk it and go all undies or should I play it safe and put him in a diaper..... isn't that sort of a mixed message?

6 comments:

Cassi said...

Good job Will!!
One thing I did with Parker for travelling while we were training was undies and then pull ups over them. So it still felt like undies but if he had an accident we weren't stuck with a peed in carseat!
I have some left over boy pull ups still if you want them!

Shae said...

Way to go Will (and Kara!!)I would definitely put a pull up or diaper on for the road trip! We went on a 9 hour drive shortly after Kara was potty trained and I made sure I took Kara to the bathroom at every stop...she never did use the pull up but it made me a LOT less stressed! Have fun!

Krista said...

Good job, Will (and Kara!). We're so proud of you!

Lisa said...

Kara

I have potty trained a few kids in my life--DO NOT go back to diapers! If you do anything do what Cassi said but me personally I would trust that he can do it. Take extra clothes and maybe even some towels if you need for his car seat. Just make sure he goes potty often and save the drinks until towards the end of the trip or shortly before you stop. Have fun and let me know how it goes!

Jill said...

Great job you two!

Mandi said...

I got such a kick out of your post about Will and the terrible twos. . .I know that's going to happen to me in roughly two years! --- way to go with the potty training. You'll have to let Will read this post when he is 16 to remind him 'what he is capable of' --- just kidding! really cute post! Mandi