7.07.2008

Itasca!

Our trip to Itasca was great! A few minor stresses along the way... listening to our car make awful noises the whole (4 hours) drive up there, and realizing I only brought one swim diaper, and listening to the same 4 songs over and over to appease Will. Okay, the last two really weren't stressful, but at the time, it was really anxiety provoking. The weather was beautiful, not too hot, just perfect. And the bugs were in full force! I've never swatted at bugs so much in my life.... I thought people were joking about the bug population, and Scott and I laughed hysterically at our travel size bug spray. Yes, we had to stop at a gas station and buy the big bottle! COUSINS! I think this was Will's favorite part of the trip, he LOVES playing with his cousins. I have never seen him play so well with kids other than when it is cousins, there is just something about family. I'm so glad he has Caleb for an older boy cousin to show him the ropes. Caleb and Ivie are so patient with Will and like to include him in what they are doing.
The map of the Mississippi river route.... from MN all the way to the Gulf of Mexico! Pretty amazing!
I know I don't look happy in this picture, but I didn't know Scott was taking it, I was really excited about this sign. This picture is dedicated to my chocolate loving - especially fudge - MOM! I wanted to buy her some and send it all the way to Uruguay, but never had the chance. Maybe that will entice her to come back to MN and try some fudge from the headwaters!
OH - and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO EVERYONE! I love living in such a beautiful country, where we can enjoy the freedoms we enjoy, and the opportunities we have been given. We really are blessed to be living in America!

1 comment:

Lorinda said...

Thanks for the invite to your darling blog. I think I want to paint some walls the blue of your background. What an awesome trip! We have had such great memories with you guys and I'm grateful for them. We're hoping to come up to the Aquarium before Kara goes to Utah, so we'll let you know so we can see sweet, hilarious Will and his parents.