5.08.2008

MMMMMM GOOD

My friend Kendra was wanting me to help her make some homemade bread. I don't know what it is about this stuff, maybe it is just the simplicity and "back to our roots" feel of baking your own bread, but I LOVE doing it. I love the basic ingredients, and the fact that it is so healthy. I love grinding my own wheat to have the freshest whole wheat flour, and I especially love the way it makes my house smell, so homey and inviting.

This batch that I helped Kendra with turned out SO amazing. See for yourself. Don't you wish you had a big slice with butter and honey on it? I do. We were very proud of ourselves, and I can't wait to bake bread again in a few weeks. Since I got a wheat grinder for Christmas, we stopped buying bread. This is so much tastier, and so much better for you, and since my bosch is amazing, it can make four BIG loaves at a time, so we just freeze the others and I end up only making bread about once a month... sometimes twice, depending on how much I eat when it comes out of the oven the day I bake it. It's so hard to resist.

So, go ahead and take a look, then wipe the drool off your mouth and think about how good it tastes! Maybe if you're nice, I'll bake you some. Maybe not. Bread goes to the highest bidder! Just kidding. Isn't it pretty?
....and isn't it perfect looking? I think so.


5 comments:

Chalece said...

Yummy! Those look so good. You're right, my mouth is watering.

Grandpa Glenn said...

So, have you taught Scott how to bake bread, too? Now that I am "semi-retired", I would like to learn how to do those kinds of things. Bread tastes the absolute best right after it comes out of the oven.... with fresh melted butter on it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job! Maybe someday I'll give it a try.

I love your picture taking story. I can totally relate. At our last outing, I left covered in sweat from all the work I put in trying to get them to smile!

jfb said...

oh my gosh kara - i am totally impressed! i love homemade bread, but only attempt it when i'm at my mom's house and can have her full, undivided attention. i'm intimidated by wheat grinders ... on a scale of 1-10, how difficult is it?

monica said...

Beautiful. It looks like a Christmas tree. (Buddy the elf)