5.17.2008

***BEARD ALERT***

So, Scott here again for my second post ever....all in the same day as my inaugural post! As you may have noticed (or may not have noticed due to my lack of keratin around the frontal facial area) I have been growing out my beard. I decided about a month ago that I would try to compete with my brother, Tyler, who is in Alaska for the summer working and growing a beard. We wanted to both show up with enormous beards at my sisters wedding at the end of May without telling her...and then shave them off (at least I would) the night before the wedding. Well I didn't quite make it....BUT I did take some totally awesome progressive pictures as the beard morphed into a flavor-savor/fumanchu/thing that Kara really hates. Here are the pixels of complete goodness!....
First, the full beard (I at least shaved my neck beard every day to maintain some sort of cleanliness)

Next is the chin strap (and mustache) just to make me feel cool and hip!
Then came the goat (with mustache), I felt like a Frenchman named Pierre

Oh, the lovely mustache that demonstrates why they are rarely in fashion throughout the world...luckily I don't have a picture of my Hitler version of the mustache!

Finally, it is all gone except for my flavor-savor/fumanchu/thing that Kara hates! I shaved that off the next morning as well.

Anyway, I am now back to my old self (it is a good feeling), BUT I enjoyed the facial hair journey and hope that you each appreciate the many looks/personalities that come with Mr. Scott W. Mortensen!



7 comments:

Grandpa Glenn said...

Oh, I was going to grow my beard out, too. But now that yours has been shave off, I guess I won't. After all, I don't want to scare little Will when he sees me, now do I? I hope Ashlie will help me figure out how to use the camera thing; so I can talk to Will and see him at the same time.

Grandpa Glenn said...

Now I have to put in a second comment. I showed the blog post to Mom, and she said she really likes your mustache, Scott! I personally liked the chin-strap the best... pretty chic! It made you look like a jet-setter. (Sort of a sleezy jet-setter!) What did Sir William think of all that?

monica said...

Scott, you are a riot. I've never heard the 1 inch x 1 inch micro goatee-thingy called a flavor savor, that's pretty good. In Vegas, we call it a "Soul Patch," brother.

Wes said...

Why didn't you shave that red thing off your forhead?

Scott W. Mortensen MHA, MBA said...

I don't get it Wes? Are you making fun of my abnormally large pimple? If not, I must explain that you don't shave off pimples or you'll get a scar....plus, all pimples must be saved so that the master-pimple-popper, Owen, can diffuse of them.

Chris said...

I know how you feel Scott. The mustache is not the coolest thing and should NOT be worn ever. I had the full beard for a month or so during finals month and it just got too much to handle. I am currently clean shaven now that I am in the OB/GYN clinic. p.s. Nice pictures!...oh and congratulations on one more year down and one to go! Me too

Barton Family said...

Scotty I have to say that I am a fan of the beard. The Mexi stache on the other hand...I am glad to see that one go!!