2.20.2008

A little bit about Kara....

Okay, I was tagged a few times for this, it is going around, so I better get on it!

10 years ago...

1998 - Wow, I was a junior in highschool, wrestlerette (stat girl) for the wrestling team and I had chopped my hair off. It was SHORT - remember that craze? I was also hanging out with my 3 best friends ever, those were good times.... oh, and I don't think I'd had my first kiss yet!

5 things on my "to do"list

1. finish yesterdays to do list
2. make dinner
3. call YMCA
4. send VT letters out
5. take the red fingernail polish off (way overdue)

Snacks I enjoy: ummmmm YES. I LOVE to snack. I love almost anything sweet, and chocolatey. Popcorn has always been a favorite, and so are peanut m&m's (which sadly explains the 3 lb. bag from Costco in my cupboard!). What I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire.... what WOULDN'T I do? We'd pay off school loans, buy a house, car, and we'd love to buy some land and a small farm, and probably go shopping. Then I'm sure Scott would want to invest some in our children's future?!

3 bad habits:
1. eating too much sugar, especially in the late afternoon before dinner
2. being selfish with my time
3. always looking forward to the future and forgetting to really make the most of today.

5 places I've lived
1. Mendon, UT
2. Venezuela
3. Israel
4. Guatemala
5. Minneapolis, MN (BRRRRRR - anyone want to come visit?)

5 jobs I've had
1. Hogi Yogi Sandwich artist (2 weeks, I had to quit because they weren't going to give me time off for our Freshman year of college Spring Break trip.... LAME!)
2. Famous Footwear - can I say TOO many pairs of shoes in my closet?
3. Deseret Book Bookseller - good times....
4. Adjunct Professor - USU - teaching Spanish 1010 & 1020
5. MOM - the best of all!

5 things people don't know about me:
1. I absolutely LOVED pregnancy, labor, and delivery... even the recovery (and no, it wasn't easy. It was very long, and hard. 14 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing, and a 4th degree tear... but for what I got out of it, I would have done it all over the next day!)
This me at 39 weeks pregnant.... I can not believe my body did that.
I never thought I would be normal again?!
2. I wrecked on my bike because I bug flew in my eye and it resulted in 2 years of physical therapy + shoulder surgery.
3. Lots of people don't know that I speak Spanish and some French or that I have a Masters Degree in Spanish Teaching
4. I'm a cowgirl at heart.... go AGGIES!
This is Will at 2 months and his first trip to the Bar J Wranglers -
you can't see the rest of the outfit,
but it was complete with wranglers and boots!
5. I make my own jewelry

Okay... I tag anyone that hasn't done this yet! I want to hear from everybody! Happy Blogging, hope you learned something about me that you didn't know before!

6 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

Kara, I liked this post! I miss seeing all of your fun jewlery that you would make! You are fabulous

Kasey

Mandi said...

You were so cute pregnant! . . . .I remember when you fell off your bike:( it was fun to read up on you . . . .and realize "hey, I know this girl" ---luv ya-- Mandi

JO said...

That was so fun to read. Thanks for including all the fun pictures too. No wonder you always have cute jewelry on, I need to get into that hobby.

Amy said...

I was a wrestling stat girl in high school too :) Will is so cute in his little cowboy digs!

Leah Miller said...

I am totally dying here that you loved EVERYTHING about pregnancy. You are very lucky...I wish I was feeling the same way as right now.

The Ogden Family said...

hey kara...you were cute pregnant! i am at the point where nothing fits and i don't want to leave my house. good times.