1.20.2008

Since we've been home....

We've been home from our Christmas break in Utah for two weeks now. My, how time flies! We've had all sorts of adventures since returning to our arctic home here in Minneapolis. Will and I have spent lots of time together trying to get used to Scott being gone all day, again. We've been out on some major grocery shopping trips, trips to the library, and the children's museum. The only thing that helps us keep our minds off of how much we miss family and our Christmas break, is being able to stay busy, and having the company of wonderful friends.

Yesterday when I tried to go to the gym at 9 am, I got about 1/2 mile away from our house and our car suddenly decided it was WAY too cold to be going anywhere and froze up. Literally, it just died.... everything started slowing down, freezing up, and not wanting to move. It was ONLY -15 degrees outside with a wind chill of -25. With the help of our fellow Minneapolis police, doing their civic duty, I was able to get back to my house where Scott was able to go with our neighbor to jump our car. Since then, it hasn't started again. We are praying it just needs a replacement of the battery! These are the life and times of truly living in frigid MN - oh the joys. Although it is cold outside, we stay cozied up in our apt. making cookies, baking bread, and playing games. Will always enjoys a good movie, his favorites lately seem to be Curious George, and the dinosaur movie from the library. Life goes on, and we are looking forward to warmer days. This week should get up to 7 degrees - HEAT WAVE!

4 comments:

Cassi said...

That really sucks about your car! Let us know if you need any rides anywhere!! Or anything from the store!

Jeff said...

I know how you feel...it's getting all the way down into the 50s here in Huntington Beach. Brrrr!

A & M Ras said...

Kara, if it makes you feel any better i has only been 15 for the high here in Cache Valley the last week. I am freezing!!! I don't think I could do MN winters.

Betsy said...

Man that's cold! I guess I won't feel too sorry for myself, but I'm sure hoping for an early spring!