1.26.2008

Look Mommy!

We've hit a milestone! This week, Will started saying "LOOK MOMMY!"... followed by one of two things. He'll either show me something really small and insignificant (but very important to him!) or he'll show me something he's never done before - like standing up on the chair, or walking around with his blanket on his head. Most of the time, "look mommy!" precedes something like dumping a cup of water all over the kitchen floor... something we discuss not doing every single day. One of these days it'll catch on, right?

Not only is Will very expressively saying "look mommy (or daddy, or whoever may be at our house)!" but he has also started saying things like:
  • "Where we going?".... and then when I remind him where we are going, he says "OH! Ya." (like he knew it all along, and forgot)
  • "Who is it?" (pointing at random people in the store)
  • "I play dishes/books/blocks/dinosaurs now" (as he goes from one activity to another)
  • "Nursery? No want it...." (with a very sad pouty face) and then "Will crying... want mommy" (He fondly lets me know he was crying for me pretty much ALL 2 hours of nursery.) Although he does say "Singing time? Like it!"
  • "Mommy do it" or "Daddy do it" as well as "Mommy come!" (whenever we're going somewhere and he's worried he's going to the babysitter, or just when he wants me to play with him, he'll take my hand, tug on it, and say "mommy come!")
  • "Will kinda tired" obviously followed by "Nap? No want it..."
  • After Scott or I do something funny and start laughing, or when I do something stupid and say loudly "Oh my gosh!" or "Darn it!" (like when I spilled wheat kernals ALL over the kitchen floor) Will will start laughing and say "Silly mommy!"
We are also constantly reminded at what a good memory this boy has. He has been telling me several times a day, for the past week about Grandma's cat, Meek, who scratches the furniture, and then Grandma says "No no meek!" In Will's words, the story goes like this:
"Kitty cratching! Meek cratching! Gigi says 'NO NO Meek!'" and then often he ends with "silly kitty." He also remembers fondly going with Uncle Jess to feed his horse and remembers that "Clover" (Jess's horse) eats hay.

It is so fun that Will can communicate, our days are FULL of play by plays of what he's doing, thinking, and wanting Mommy or Daddy to do. We love our little boy, he's always so happy and patient with us!

5 comments:

Chalece said...

Oh, he is just so cute! That's so fun that he's talking so much.

Amy said...

I LOVE reading about all the fun things he is saying. Will is such a smart little guy!! How fun to be able to know what he is thinking all the time!

Shelly said...

Wow! What a fun age! Kids are so smart. I wish we could see you guys and Will. Still love the "owie" picture. What a sweet boy.

The Bryger Family said...

I love this post! Will is so cute. I love all the cute things he says.

kasey

jfb said...

it sounds like will is at such a fun age! I can't wait until addie starts talking. i love reading your posts!

did you know Hilarie and her family moved to England?! She's on my links if you want to check them out.