11.07.2007

JANE EYRE


If you havn't read the book, or seen the movie... I highly recommend it. It is a classic, and one that is so inspiring and captivating. The newest movie is the best - it is a Masterpiece Theater version and it came out in Jan. of 2007 I believe, so check it out from your library, it is amust see and I promise you'll love all 4 hours of it... well, I did, but I like that kind of stuff.

Last night, me, my sister in-law Lorinda, and two friends (Tina & Monica) went and saw Jane Eyre - the play - at Guthrie Theater here in Minneapolis. It was great, better than I expected actually, maybe because I had such high hopes. It was great to spend a night out, relax for 2 and 1/2 hours, and enjoy such a great love story.... I know, cheesy, but Jane Eyre is by far one of the greatest heroines in history!

5 comments:

brooklin said...

Nice! Kara I'm so glad you loved the book...it's one of my favorites of all time. I'm so jealous-- I'd love to see the play. I guess I need to go sign up at my new library so I can see the latest movie. I'd seen one that was made in the 90s-- it was good, but it cut out a lot of detail. If you really want to mess with your mind, you should read "Wide Sargasso Sea" by Jean Rhys. It's the story of the mad wife, what happened before Jane Eyre was ever in the picture. It made for an interesting discussion in one of my classes at least.... I haven't already told you this in a separate email have it....? Sorry if I'm redundant!

Amy said...

Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books! I haven't read it for a few years, maybe I need to read it again and then go get the movie!

Bridget said...

I've never seen the movie, but I love the book. I'll definitely have to check it out and have some quality chick-flick time! I hope that you're feeling better!

Shelly said...

Yeah! Another one to add to my Netflix list. I'm glad you reminded me. I'm missing the cultural scene available in the Twin Cities.

Leah Miller said...

I just got done reading the book and then watched the movie too. I loved both of them, but I was glad that I read the book before watching the movie.