9.25.2007

ARBORETUM

Last Friday, Scott got out of class a little early, so we took advantage of one of our free passes from the library and went to the U of M's Landscape Arboretum. It was gorgeous, we had so much fun. Will just loved being able to walk around and see all the really cool flowers and plants. He learned how to smell roses, and he kept saying "pretty!" We had a great time, we even got to have a fresh apple dumpling - it was a great way to start our Fall activities. Get ready for picture overload - I apologize in advance....
Scott took this picture - I love itYes, this is taken from the changing table - I guess Scott couldn't resist All of this is part of the Arboretum, if you look closely you can see this really beautiful red barn amidst all the green (you may have to enlarge the picture)
A better shot of the barn

No worries, if there is water - Will will find it!

Just walking with mom - I actually got him to "hold" my hand!
The Japanese garden was spectacular - we loved it Autumn is in the air!
Will showing us his trick - we didn't even ask for it!
Smelling mommy's favorite flowers - ROSES - I am determined to grow some someday

Inside an art display... I'm horrible, I don't remember what it was called
sniff sniff.... mmmmmm
Cool huh, they had a whole garden of edibles
Like I said... water = Will




3 comments:

Betsy said...

What a beautiful and fun place to visit. I'm jealous.

Bridget said...

Yeah! I'm glad that you made it there. We definitely need to go back, because there is so much to see. Will is the cutest kid, I just love his adorable face! And, I'm glad to see that Will is such a reader - we love reading a ton at our house too!

Chalece said...

That looks like such a great place! And you have some adorable pictures!!